I love a good hearty breakfast. I also love a great dessert. And best of all, I love those dishes that can taste great no matter when you make them! This cinnamon apple bake is the perfect dessert or breakfast dish, and it’s so easy to throw together that your family will be begging for you to make it again and again.
To start, you’ll want two cans of your favorite storebought cinnamon rolls. These can be any brand– you’ll just want a couple of cans full to really make up the “bread” portion of this cinnamon apple bake. Slice them into bite-sized pieces.
In a mixing bowl, beat 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon together. Add in your cinnamon roll pieces and set aside to let them soak.
Dice 3 crisp apples into bite-sized pieces. In a skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar, stirring until the butter is melted and brown sugar has dissolved. Add apples to the skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until apples are tender.
In a large casserole dish, layer half of the cinnamon rolls, half of the apples, and one of the containers of icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls. Then, repeat the layers again– cinnamon rolls, apples, and icing.
Place in an oven preheated to 400 for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cinnamon apple bake feels “done” to the touch.
- 2 cans cinnamon rolls
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 apples
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Cinnamon roll icing
- Cut cinnamon rolls into bite sized pieces.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- Place cinnamon rolls in egg mixture and set aside to soak.
- Dice apples. In skillet, heat butter and brown sugar, then add diced apples and stir constantly until apples are tender.
- In baking pan, layer half of the cinnamon roll mixture, half of the apples, and one container of cinnamon roll icing. Repeat layers, finishing with the remaining icing on top.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until done.
I love a good breakfast that doesn’t take a ton of hard work to prepare, and trust me, this one is a hit– it’s gone in no time! As a family, we really love to gather around the table for dinner, but it’s always an extra treat to gather together around the breakfast table! This cinnamon apple bake is the perfect excuse for a breakfast together for sure!
Tell me all about how YOUR family enjoys breakfast together in the comments below!